Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Feedback kitty, Growth Mindset

I chose this picture for this reflection post because I believe message is very valuable in a modern-day learning environment. For some students, it is scary to say what they are thinking about a topic or their answers to a given problem because they do not want to feel like they are inferior, "dumb," or being reprimanded if they say the wrong thing. However, it is beneficial to have an open communication between the teacher and the student. This communication ultimately builds trust which can be used to open the brains and minds when learning a new subject. 
Compared with my comments and feedback from last semester, I have been leaving more in-depth and more critical comments. I realize that although I may seem harsh at times, this is the essential tool for others to learn how to improve their stories, reading notes, and other personal projects. From other students, I have found that many of my comments are very similar. However, I have made an effort to use the comments to actively change some of what I have already posted in my blog. Despite the online format of this course, the introductions that each of the students write allows a system for students to get to know each other. This strong network of connections is even a little ironic because in my other classes, I may only be able to tell you a couple names of student acquaintances. However, I could be able to list off a couple students names and going even so far to know a few facts about them-- and maybe even their favorite pet. Looking forward, my main goal is to really just take the time to read the comment as they come in. Often times, I have found myself looking at comments posted from few weeks ago. If I view the comments immediately, then the information and what I originally wrote is fresh in my head for editing.

Comments

Popular Posts