Topic Research: My Valentine

If I choose to execute the storybook project alternative to a portfolio, I will write a cohesive storybook about the couples I will read in the Indian Epics. I think this project would be a good challenge for myself, and after doing research, there are so many couples in these stories that I can take inspiration and guidance from. When researching, my main concern is that this course focuses on three different Indian Epics. I predict this will present a challenge when new characters are introduced or transitioned in and out. But I also realize the beauty of storytelling is the ability to make changes to amend these obstacles! I also think that I will become way more comfortable as I read more episodes in the coming weeks reading assignments. I will begin to read the episodes from the lens of this storybook idea looking out for different patterns in characters and the relationships between them.

Rama and Sita, Wikimedia


1. Roses are Red

Marrying Rama:
This story would feature Episode 12 from Ramayana (click!). This would be Sita's account of  planning the wedding. Perhaps, I would include her vows to Rama that she is planning to say. This story could also reference Episode 10 (click!), as Sita reflects upon how Rama and her came about to meet and become arranged to marry.

2. Violets are Blue

Love for my Brother:
Because Ramayana is my only Indian Epic experience thus far, my story ideas will come from what I have read thus far. This story would be from Episode 24 (click!). This story would focus on Bharata's point of view and internal dialogue when seeking and finding Rama in the forest. This love is surrounded by the love over the bond of their deceased father. It is also this love that is exemplified when Bharata trusts Rama and his sandals to carry strength and dignity when taking on the throne.

3. The World Can See, Our Love is True

Sita, I Will Never Leave You:
This story would retell Episode 28 (click!). In this story, Rama will explain his point of view as Shurpanakha attempts to seduce him. Form his perspective, although he is attempted by her surrendering declaration and desire for him, he realizes that no love is real without loyalty. He confidently rejects Shurpanakha and honors his love with Sita.

These are general idea for story topics, as similar to the feedback I received, I hope to incorporate the topic of love into my storytelling in attempts to ultimately incorporate different relationships into this storybook.




Comments

Popular Posts